Group Cancellation Policy
- Bahamas Ferries will give a refund in the event the company cancels a sailing due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control and the client cannot be rescheduled. However, should the group cancel the trip, fail to complete payment on the deposit, or not meet the guaranteed group count, there will be no refund. All tickets are non-refundable and valid for one year from the date of issue.
Checked Luggage Policy
- Each passenger is allowed one small carry on. The carry on must be able to fit comfortably under the seats. Carry-ons are not to be kept in seats.
- Each paying passenger is allowed two free checked pieces – weight up to 45 pounds. (Restrictions apply).
- Passenger extra luggage cost begins at $12 per piece. Oversize luggage and any luggage paid at the vessel begins at $25 per piece. These items are to be properly packaged for shipping.
- Anything over the two pieces will incur additional fees.
- Any meat item not properly packaged will not be accepted.
- All coolers over 48 quarts are considered as oversize and must be shipped as freight.
- Bicycles, Surfboards, Windsurfers, are considered as oversized luggage and must be shipped as freight.
- Televisions, AC Units, Batteries, Car Parts, Construction Materials, Speakers, are some of the items considered as freight.
Bahamas Ferries reserves the right to deem if an item presented as luggage can or cannot be accepted as such.
Bad Weather Policy
- In the event of inclement weather, Bahamas Ferries will reschedule passengers for the next available sailing.
Passenger Cancellation Policy
- In the event the company cancels a sailing due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, Bahamas Ferries will provide passengers with a full refund, or reschedule travel.
Customer Cancellation – International Bookings:
- No shows or cancellations 24 hours prior to trip will be subjected to 50% penalty fee.
- No shows or cancellations less than 24 hours prior to trip will be subjected to 100% penalty fee.
Customer Cancellation – Domestic Bookings:
- Tickets are non-refundable and valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Online Credit Card Payments
- Please note that when booking online with a credit card, the credit card holder will be required to provide the credit used to process tickets along with a valid government issued identification.
- If you are not going to be present at the time of check-in or ticket collection, please contact our office to request a credit card authorization form. This must be filled out in its entirety and returned prior to travel.