Group Cancellation Policy
- Bahamas Ferries will give a refund in the event the company cancels a sailing due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control and the client cannot be rescheduled. However, should the group cancel the trip, fail to complete payment on the deposit, or not meet the guaranteed group count, there will be no refund. All tickets are non-refundable and valid for one year from the date of issue.
Checked Luggage Policy
- Each paying passenger is allowed two free checked pieces. (Size and weight – up to 60 pounds – restrictions apply).
- Passenger extra luggage cost begins at $8 per piece.
- These items are limited to items such as luggage, boxes or small coolers up to 48 quartz. These items must be properly packed.
- Anything over the two pieces will incur additional fees.
- Any meat item not properly packaged will not be accepted.
- All coolers over 48 quartz is considered oversize and must be shipped as freight.
- Bicycles, Surfboards and Windsurfers, are considered as oversized baggage and must be shipped as freight.
- Televisions, AC Units and construction material are some of the items considered as freight.
- Each passenger is allowed one small carry on. The carry on must be able to fit comfortably under your seat.
Bahamas Ferries reserves the right to deem if an item presented as luggage can or cannot be accepted as such.
Bad Weather Policy
- In the event of inclement weather, Bahamas Ferries will reschedule passengers for the next available sailing.
Passenger Cancellation Policy
- In the event the company cancels a sailing due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, Bahamas Ferries will provide passengers with a full refund, provide travel if available through another carrier, or reschedule travel.
Customer Cancellation – International Bookings:
- No shows or cancellations 24 hours prior to trip will be subjected to 50% penalty fee.
- No shows or cancellations less than 24 hours prior to trip will be subjected to 100% penalty fee.
Customer Cancellation – Domestic Market:
- Tickets are non-refundable and valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Harbour Cruise Cancellation Policy
- In the event BF receives a written cancellation notice from Charterer 60 days or more in advance of the event, BF shall retain 20% of the deposit amount. Should BF receive a written cancellation notice from the Charterer less than 60 days before the event, BF shall retain the full deposit amount. If Charterer cancels 7 days or less before the event, Charterer shall be liable for the full amount of the Charterer fees. If Charterer postpones events on the day of the event they may reschedule the cruise once done prior to 12 noon. If Charterer cancels after 12 Noon on the day of the event a penalty fee of $850 will apply when rescheduling event.
Online Credit Card Payments
- Please note that when booking online with a credit card, the credit card holder will be required to provide the credit used to process tickets along with a valid government issued identification.
- If you are not going to be present at the time of check-in or ticket collection, please contact our office to request a credit card authorization form. This must be filled out in its entirety and returned prior to travel.